These Windows Add Extraordinary Beauty To This Country Guest House
Roof Windows By FAKRO: Imagine strolling through the narrow streets of Spain, passing by hundred-year-old stone houses and the view of the vineyards far in the distance…
Here in the province of La Rioja there is one building standing out from the rest – the Palace that once belonged to the noble family of the Counts of Cirac.
A subtle blend of modernity with the tradition of the 18th-century palace. Natural light penetrating through FAKRO roof windows adds an extraordinary character to the interiors within the attic.
Villalba de Rioja is located at the foot of the Obarenes Mountains and 4 km from the world’s largest concentration of hundred-year-old vineyards in El Barrio de la Estación de Haro.
When visiting the spot, you can touch its history written by famous inhabitants: the family of D. Pedro Ruiz del Castillo – the founder of the city of Mendoza in Argentina, Count Cirac and Countess Castillo Fiel.
View Our Project Photos
Today, the palace serves as a boutique guest house offering eight luxurious rooms and suites with bathrooms.
The interiors have retained their austere style, rich in natural materials such as stone and wood, with the whole being complemented by designer furniture.
The attic became bright thanks to the use of windows that highlighted the texture of the stone walls and decorated the raw interiors with light.
It is a fabulous place for people who value peace and independence, love for detail and enjoy the beauty of the surrounding nature.
The owner installed external awning blinds to ensure privacy and protection against excessive heat gain.
|Building name||Boutique, country guest house|
|PALACIO CONDES DE CIRAC|
|Location||Villalba de Rioja|
|Architect & Contractor||Servicios de Ingeniería y Arquitectura, INAR,S.A.P|
|Used FAKRO products||9x roof window FTP V U3|
|9x external awning blind AMZ NEW LINE 090|
|16x internal accessory ARF 052|
|8x L-shaped combination window BVP P2|
|8x external awning blind AMB 090|
More About FAKRO’s Centre Pivot Windows
- View More about this product
- Manufactured in pine, vacuum impregnated and coated with acrylic lacquer.
- Convenient way to use the window as the handle is located at the bottom of the sash. The handle is equipped with a two step micro-opening facility.
- Easy cleaning of the outer pane and operating the awning blind with the use of blocking sash bolt when rotated through 180 degrees.
- A wide range of accessories. Ability to install electrical controls.
- Installation in roof pitches from 15 to 90 degrees.
Roof Windows: Our Guide On The Various Types.
You can also visit related posts through the links below :
- Roof Windows by FAKRO: Featured Project in La Rioja, Spain
- How To Choose The Right Roof Window For Your Home
- Luminous Transformation of an Old Water Mill
- What Is A Balcony Window? Best Roof Windows To Purchase – FAKRO
- Architects Can Capture Light With FAKRO Windows
- About Our Roof Windows
- German Design Award Winner: FAKRO: DXW Flat Roof Window